Watch an archived copy of VMA Tech Tuesday Training presented by Pentek.
Strategies for Deploying RFSoC Technology for SDR, Radar, and EW Embedded Systems
Title: Strategies for Deploying RFSoC Technology for SDR, Radar, and EW Systems
Presenter: Rodger Hosking, vice-president and co-founder of Pentek, Inc
Abstract: RF System-on-Chip (RFSoC) technology has revolutionized the FPGA chip landscape by including on-chip A/D and D/A functionality and ARM processors in addition to the already expansive FPGA and processing resources available for custom applications. This type of RFSoC FPGA solution delivers a multichannel data conversion and processing solution all on a single chip. RFSoC brings a powerful and unique solution for addressing some of the most demanding requirements of high-bandwidth and high-channel-count systems. Mil-Aero Engineers involved with SIGINT, communications, EW, countermeasures, triggered waveform and radar chirp generation, trigged radar range gate engines, and wideband real-time data acquisition can benefit from this seminar.
● Handout Included here
● RFSoC Resources: FPGA, processors, data converters and interfaces
● How RFSoC changes the ground rules for Mil-Aero systems
● Design challenges in getting best performance from RFSoCs
● Modular approach for implementing flexible designs
● Migrating RFSoC to custom SWaP-sensitive application platforms
● FPGA development tools and resources
● Software development tools and resources
● Latest SOSA Aligned RFSoC products
● Q &A is included
● Pentek RFSoC Website